My WIFI Router
A program that creates a virtual WiFi router, turning your computer into a hot spot
- Category Internet Utilities
- License Free
- Version 3.0.0
- Size 12.88 MB
- Works under Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP
- Language English
- Program by My WiFi Router
My WIFI Router lets you turn any wireless internet connection into one that you can share with others, making it easy for everyone in your home to surf the web.
When you sign up for internet service in your home, the provider will work with your existing router and modem or the products that you buy or lease from the company. WIFI Router gives you a password that you can use to access the web with your phone, tablet or computer. Though you might think that sharing your signal with others is as easy as turning off that password, this leaves your system vulnerable to hacks and threats from outside. It also allows others to use your signal, which will significantly cut down on your internet speeds. My WIFI Router now offers an alternative way to share your signal.
Creating a new wireless access point is fairly easy for some, but it may take others longer to learn how to use this program. You need to pick a name for your signal, decide on a password that includes both numbers and letters and decide on the type of protocol you want to use for encryption. Once you understand what those terms mean and make your decisions, you can click on the share button and open your signal up to others in your home.
After creating your signal, you can open the program back up to see who uses it. It lets you identify different users and set up accounts for each device your family uses, including their laptops, phones, music players and tablets. My WIFI Router even lets you set a timer that limits how much time each device can remain on that network, though you may have a hard time finding that timer in all your settings.
My WIFI Router is unique because it doesn't make any changes to your router or modem. It essentially turns your own computer into a new wireless access point that others can use. It works with many versions of Windows, including XP and Windows 8, and it only takes a short period of time to understand how it works and how you can use it. My WIFI Router is a great tool for parents who want more control over how much time their kids spend online.
- Turns any laptop or desktop computer into a wireless connection point
- Lets you create different accounts for all users
- Includes a timer to limit internet access
- Requires a hard to hack password that uses both letters and numbers
- Features just one simple window with tools at the top
- Lack of features
- The timer is hard to find
- Still requires some type of internet connection in your home
- Will not replace your current router and modem setup
- May take some time to learn how to setup all the protocols and use all the features